Translate

Friday, January 29, 2016

The End?


Well, it's over, I'm finally done with all 156 episodes! Since I did an intro post, I figure it would only be fitting to add a bookend to the series for a sense of closure. More importantly, this isn't necessarily the end as far I'm concerned. I still intend to post my various top 10 lists to help put the show into perspective. Though, I might be slow in assembling those lists with a considerable amount of contenders. The lists I guarantee will be created are the top 10 worst, best, underrated, and overrated. I am considering a few other lists like scariest, funniest, and most influential; these lists I can't guarantee since I don't want it to feel like I'm harping on the same episodes over and over.

Other than that, I might add the review of the TZ film here rather than on my movie blog. I have considered going over the '80s revival show as well as the one from the early 2000s. The only problem is that I don't own those shows nor do I have much interest in them. You'd think TZ and the '80s would be awesome to me, but it's just the opposite. The episodes look cheap, and the stories are underwhelming to say the least. Likewise, the few episodes I did watch from the 2000s series did not channel TZ's form of storytelling. It was as if they wanted to make another shitty anthology show and figured they could score a few extra viewers by calling it "The Twilight Zone." That's not how it works. I don't know, I'll have to think about that a little harder. One way or another, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for those two shows.

Finally, I want to reiterate how fun TZ has been to watch from the true start all the way to the end. I've been watching episodes in random order my entire life with little to no understanding of what season each episode came from; I'm guessing a ton of fans have done the same too. Now I finally see things as they truly were and experienced the stories complete, free of butchering from networks to fit more godforsaken commercials into the time slot. Despite cancellation over 50 years ago, you can still feel TZ's impact on writers and within movies, books, and TV. If there was anything I hoped to get out of this blog, it would be to help preserve TZ's legacy one review at a time. I believe it's important to still talk about this show and keep it as a mainstay within pop culture due to its relevance, timelessness, and greatness. Also, if I managed to inspire even one new fan to discover this iconic show, then I have succeeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment