Translate

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

An Introduction


Before I jump head first into the series, I felt it was only appropriate to set the tone for these reviews. As I've expressed on my movie review blog, I have wanted to touch more on this show from the start. There is such incredible creativity in these tales that it is no wonder people still try to imitate TZ to this day. Needless to say, the originality is abundant as all manner of subjects and genres were explored often in deeply, thought-provoking ways. There is this magic to the franchise that enthralls audiences and captivates their imagination in ways one would not expect. More so, the younger audiences can hardly fathom the unconventional and innovative approach the series presented to its era; it was far ahead of its time in most respects. I grew up on this series, as I know many have, and I would like to share my experiences with the show and hopefully others will be able to connect or be inspired to check out what all the fuss has been about all these decades.

So what's the break down? I'll be using the 2006 DVD box set as the source that I draw from for the complete 156 episode run. I have to mention that this set is amazing, with a ton of extras to satiate any hardcore fan's desires, and I highly recommend this being the format any individual should track down. It's listed at $100 on Amazon as of this moment, but I'm sure you can get it cheaper (I actually only paid $40 but that was lucky). Regardless of price, you more than get your money's worth. Whatever way you can track down the show, do not bother watching it on actual TV since there are too many god forsaken commercials nowaday for the episodes to air unedited. Likewise, networks have always played favorites with the way they air the show--selectively picking episodes randomly and focusing on the most iconic episodes. As for my approach, I'm going to review the episodes in chronological order as you may have assumed. I will also try and offer any kind of insight surrounding the episodes as possible, but I'm not an expert by any means. Anyway, hope you can join me on my little journey into...the Twilight Zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment